One question that many small and medium-sized businesses face is how to handle their IT infrastructure. Do they take a “do-it-yourself” approach or get help from a professional by outsourcing?
The technology landscape has dramatically changed over the last decade. Business processes and data aren’t only relegated to a few computer hard drives. There are many more moving parts these days.
Today’s modern IT infrastructure is largely reliant on dynamic cloud solutions in addition to hardware like tablets, desktops, and smartphones. This means that keeping your technology processes both secure and running effectively requires a combination of multiple skillsets. Ones that outsourced managed service providers will have within their team.
Without those skillsets on your side, you could find your company falling behind the competition. Productivity could also suffer due to things like downtime, lack of cohesive integration, and inability to take advantage of modern solutions.
75% of UK employees say there is a direct correlation between the technology they’re provided by their employer and their level of output.
If you’ve been trying to handle your own IT needs because of cost concerns, you could actually be spending much more by not outsourcing and getting expert help.
How Outsourcing Your Technology Needs Can Reduce Costs
IT management entails more than just keeping computers updated with security patches. It encompasses the many facets of technology that exist in today’s modern workplace.
This includes things such as:
- Cybersecurity and protection from sophisticated online threats
- Enabling remote workforces
- Monitoring all network connections/traffic
- Optimising cloud infrastructure and security
- Business continuity solutions, like backup and disaster recovery
- File storage and sharing solutions
- Team collaboration and communication
- Customer response expectations due to technology advances
- Integration of mobile management solutions
- Regulatory data privacy compliance
That’s a tall order for a business to handle on their own and can end up costing them more to keep IT in house than it would if they outsourced their technology needs.
The increasing importance of an efficient IT infrastructure that’s optimised has become apparent to many small businesses. The cost savings from outsourcing over “DIY” is also a key factor in the decision to outsource.
21% of companies in Europe with less than 500 employees are planning to outsource their IT in the next 12 months.
What’s Included in a Managed Services Package?
Managed services packages vary according to provider. Here at NMX IT Solutions, we put an emphasis on modern IT and ensuring clients have support that is innovative and that can handle both the security and productivity needed in today’s business world.
Some of the many features of our innovative Cloud in a Box service include:
- Security and compliance
- Device management
- Rapid migration service
- Expert IT support
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Cloud & Microsoft 365 solutions
- Business class phone and email
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance
How Can My Business Save Money by Outsourcing IT?
- Reduce Security Incidents: Get enterprise class security at a fraction of the cost with outsourcing. Ransomware attacks, phishing, and credential theft all cost companies millions each year. You can mitigate costly security incidents and take advantage of top-end solutions by working with an outsourced MSP.
- Improve Team Productivity: When your team doesn’t have optimised cloud solutions, their output suffers. Managed IT providers are knowledgeable on multiple cloud and hybrid solutions and can save you time and money while improving productivity for your team.
- Mitigate Downtime: Every minute that your business technology is down is costing you money. We offer guaranteed response times and unlimited IT support, which means you get back up and running faster, reducing lost business.
- Business Continuity & Recovery: Data loss incidents cause many smaller companies to go out of business because they can never fully recover. Using a managed IT plan can ensure that your business data is properly backed up to a system designed for fast recovery. This can be invaluable if a catastrophe strikes that causes data loss or a need to run operations remotely.
- Be Free to Focus on Your Business: Your business thrives when you have the time to properly focus on it. A main complaint of business owners that try to handle their own IT is that they’re often spending time putting out IT fires. Using an outsourced IT provider frees you to fully focus on building your business.
- Gain a Competitive Advantage: Working with an outsourced IT provider, especially one focused on modern IT solutions, can ensure you’re positioned to take advantage of new technologies that enhance your ability to serve customers and run your business. First mover advantage can give you a serious let up on your competition.
Lower Costs, Improve Capabilities by Working with NMX IT Solutions
We offer outsourced IT solutions that give your business everything it needs to run efficiently, productively, and securely. Our Cloud in the Box is a simple, secure, and affordable way to bring your business IT up to date.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation! Call 01628 232300 or reach out online.